With cookies we can give you ("user") a better browsing experience, improve the quality of our services, and keep our marketing costs down.
Strictly necessary cookies. We need these cookies to run our website — your cookie preferences are saved and this helps keep the site secure. They’re always on.
Analytics. These let us use tools that show us how you interact with our products and improve our services. They help us find and fix problems for our customers, and they’re also known as analytical or performance cookies.
Preferences. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Advertising. These cookies improve our marketing and keep our marketing costs down. We share this information in aggregate form with third parties, for the purpose of advertising.
Unclassified. Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
You can see each cookie we use and our reasons for using them below.
|Name||Provider||Purpose||Session or Persistent||Lifespan||Privacy information|
|CookieConsent||Cookiebot||Used to store the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||Persistent||6 months||https://www.cookiebot.com/en/privacy-policy/|
|PHPSESSID||-||To provide critical functions across pages.||Session||-||-|
|__cf_bm||CloudFlare||Used to distinguish between humans and bots. This is beneficial for the website, in order to make valid reports on the use of their website.||Persistent||1 day||https://developers.cloudflare.com/fundamentals/get-started/reference/cloudflare-cookies/|
|collect||Google Analytics||Used to see which devices and marketing channels a user is using. We send this information to Google Analytics to learn about the user's device and behaviour.||Session||-||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245|
|_ga||Google Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 year||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245|
|_ga_#||Google Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.||Persistent||1 year||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Persistent||1 day||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the user uses the website.||Persistent||1 day||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245|
|td||Google Tag Manager||Registers statistical data on users' behaviour on the website. Used for internal analytics by the website operator.||Session||-||https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||HotJar||To detect the first pageview session of a user.||Persistent||1 day||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjFirstSeen||HotJar||To identify a new user’s first session.||Persistent||1 day||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||HotJar||To determine if a user is included in the data sampling defined by our site's pageview limit.||Persistent||1 day||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||HotJar||To determine if a user is included in the data sampling defined by our site's daily session limit.||Persistent||1 day||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjRecordingLastActivity||HotJar||Used to store performed actions on the website.||Session||N/A||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjSession_#||HotJar||Used to provide functions across pages for hotjar. The cookie collects statistics on the users' visits to the website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been read.||Session||N/A||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjSessionUser_#||HotJar||To store a unique user ID.||Session||N/A||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjTLDTest||HotJar||Used to determine the most generic cookie path we should use, instead of the page hostname. This is done so that cookies can be shared across subdomains (where applicable). To determine this, we try to store the _hjTLDTest cookie for different URL substring alternatives until it fails. After this check, the cookie is removed.||Session||N/A||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|hjViewportId||HotJar||Used to store user viewport details such as size and dimensions.||Session||N/A||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_hjRecordingEnabled||HotJar||Used to read when the Recording module is initialised to see if the user is already in a recording in a particular session.||Session||N/A||https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy|
|_gcl_au||Google Adsense||This cookie links Google advertisements to conversions made on our site. This cookie is also used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertising efficiency across websites using their service.||Persistent||3 months||https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/7549925|
|Google AdWords||Google’s advertising services which may include remarketing, re-engagement or similar audience features in Google Ads that would allow us to reach users who previously visited our website, and match the right people with the right message. Google may display ads about our website or our services when you are browsing other websites. In providing these services Google may collect certain information about our website users.||Persistent||-||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
How to control cookies
- If you consent to the cookies on our website, your consent is valid for 6 months and/or until we add a new cookie/cookies.
- You can also manage the cookies preferences by managing the settings on your browser. For more information you can visit the help pages below or by sending us an email at [email protected].
|Web Browser (provider)||Help page|
|Chrome web browser (Google)||https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647|
|Internet Explorer (Microsoft)||https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d|
- If you want to opt-out of having your site activity available to Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. More information can be found here https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881.
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office has provided the following guidance on controlling cookies:
- A number of websites provide detailed information on cookies, including AboutCookies.org and AllAboutCookies.org.
- The European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance website Your Online Choices allows you to install opt-out cookies across different advertising networks.
- Google has developed a browser add-on to allow users to opt-out of Google Analytics across all websites which use it. This is also available in the Chrome web store.
- Some browsers include a feature known as ‘Do Not Track’ (“DNT”). This allows you to indicate a preference that websites should not track you. However, whilst DNT is available in many browsers, websites are not required to recognise its request, so it may not always work. You can get help on how to use DNT in Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- For more information on how private browsing works as well as its limitations, visit the support pages for your browser: Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
If you have any questions about the cookies or similar technologies in use on our website, please send an email at [email protected].